Saturday, April 7, 2018

Hello World!


Hi!  I’m Noah Campbell, a senior at Patrick Henry High School in Ashland, Virginia.  I am a distance runner and captain of my school’s cross country and distance teams.  Running is my passion and it has opened many doors for me and given me opportunities I never would have dreamed were possible. I’m not someone who has been racing his entire life.  In fact, I first stepped onto a track in my freshman year of high school. That year I did not start running until indoor track season and then sustained a knee injury that kept me out of the entire Outdoor Track season. This did not stop me from coming back to running and my determination paid off.  I worked my way up to the varsity cross country squad my sophomore year and continued working my way up through all of the seasons for the rest of my high school career.  Some of my highlights were being the conference champion in the indoor and outdoor 3200M my junior year and making it to States in both events.  Senior year I earned all state honors in cross country and the indoor 3200M.  I am hoping my last outdoor season of high school track will be even better.  Additional honors include earning the bronze team medal at the USATF National Junior Olympics Cross Country Championships in 2016 and being selected for the Richmond All-Metro Cross Country First Team in 2017.
Here I am in gray at the 2017 4A Virginia State Cross
Country Meet held at Great Meadows, in The Plains, VA.

Next year, I look forward to attending the University of Richmond where I will be a member of the men’s DI cross country team.  I will also be representing the United States later this summer at the World Junior Skyrunning Championships in L’Aquila, Italy.   I decided to start this blog to record my journey from a high school runner to a college runner and beyond.  






No comments:

Post a Comment